Learning Commons Customer Service Representative - Part-Time - Marple
Basic InformationJob posting active from: October 24, 2017 - November 7, 2017
Job Type: Support
Hour Type: Part-Time
Hours: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM (Monday - Thursday) 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Saturday)
Immediate Supervisor:Dean, Educational Support Services
Application Materials:Interested candidates should apply online at www.dccc.edu only (in MS Word or PDF format), a cover letter, complete and current resume and a list of three references (including current immediate supervisor) to Human Resources, Delaware County Community College, 901 South Media Line Road, Media, PA 19063. Application materials must be submitted only as a completed packet. The College strongly encourages applications from members of traditionally under-represented groups.
Salary: $13.28/hr (7SS)
Delaware County Community College invites applications for a part-time Learning Commons Customer Service Representative in our Learning Commons.
This position provides library, technology and tutoring services to Delaware County Community College students. The LC Customer Service Representative primary responsibility is to provide general customer services assistance including information and referral, triage reference, circulation, and technology services with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- Assist students with preliminary reference, technology, and informational questions
- Answer telephones and provides routine information or refers and transfers call
- Check-in and check-out library materials and technological equipment at the circulation desk using an automated circulation system
- Shelf materials according to Library of Congress circulation system
- Help patrons locate library materials
- Ensure accurate library shelving by shelf-reading
- Troubleshoot Learning Commons equipment
- Enforce Learning Commons policies and procedures
- Work on special projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s degree preferred; one year library experience preferred; good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; basic technology skills; ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively; commitment to and support of a diverse community.
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.