Astronomy (Daytime) - Part-Time - All Campuses
Basic InformationJob posting active from: May 8, 2017
Campus: All Campuses
Job Type: Faculty
Hour Type: Part-Time
The Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Division of the Delaware County Community College is searching for Adjunct Instructors to teach both day-time courses in Astronomy (ESS 102/103) at our Marple & Branch Campuses. For course descriptions, go to https://www.dccc.edu/courses/ess. There are no online teaching opportunities open at this time.
Candidates must have, in hand, a master’s degree in an earth/space sciences field, science education, or physics including astronomy coursework (please document on resume/transcript), as well as requisite teaching skills and appropriate teaching experience.
Courses may be offered at our main campus, one of our branch campus locations, or on occasion split between campuses. When submitting your application package please denote prominently on your resume which locations you are available to teach at. For campus location information please see https://www.dccc.edu/about/locations/all-locations or for a regional map with campus locations please see College Locations at Google maps.
Interested applicants should apply online via the link below or at www.dccc.edu/jobs. The application material should be submitted as a single completed packet and include all of the items below. Please note that if you make a partial submission (i.e. you did not have access to transcripts) please resubmit all previously submitted files in addition to the new files such that your most recent submission contains all required items.
- Current resume (please include prominently on the resume your (1) general time and (2) location availability (i.e. Fall/Spring Daytime Availability Marple Only, Summer Evenings Only [6pm on] SEC or UD, etc.))
- Copies of unofficial or advising transcripts, and
- A list of at least 2 references, including current/former immediate supervisor.
Helping Your Application Standout
A large volume of application packages are received some by search engine Bots and others that are either incomplete or do not meet the qualification requirements. To help assure that your application package stands out from the noise and to help assure all relevant requested information is readily accessible please be mindful of the following suggestions.
- Unofficial, student academic history, or advising transcript documents will suffice at this preliminary stage. Where possible please include all documents electronically in one submission. If adding a missing document at a later date, to assure a complete file, please include all previous documents in the second submission. Important Note: Please document astronomy or related coursework on your resume/transcript. Transcript required.
- Please denote prominently on your resume, your (1) general time and (2) location availability (i.e. Fall/Spring Daytime Availability Marple & Downingtown, Summer Evenings Only [6pm on] SEC or UD, etc.)
Preliminary staffing starts well before the start of the semester. Therefore it is recommended to have your application package submitted in a timely manner. For Fall courses the process starts the preceding
DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.