Updated COVID Protocols

 Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for additional information.

Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

Policy 2.7: Transfer Credits

Original Date of Issue: 3/21/79
Revsided: 4/20/16

Credits from other institutions of higher education will be accepted for transfer by the College in accordance with qualifications and restrictions as may be established.

Transfer Credit for Work at Other Colleges and Universities

Students enrolled at Delaware County Community College who previously attended another regionally accredited college may be eligible to receive transfer credit toward their community college degree. The following guidelines apply:

Complete a Petition for Transfer of Credit Form. Forms are available online, in the Assessment Services Office, Room 4260 at the Marple Campus, and at the Student Services offices at all campus locations.

Request that the college(s) attended send(s) an official transcript to the Records Office, Delaware County Community College, 901 South Media Line Road, Media, PA 19063- 1094. For Electronic Transcripts, Colleges, and Universities can send transcripts to [email protected].

Students who have attended a college or university outside of the United States may be able to transfer credits into Delaware County Community College. To do so, students should have an official, English-translated transcript evaluated course-by-course by any member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) and have the evaluations sent to the Records office.

Transfer Credit Policy

1. The College will accept coursework with grades of “D” or better from accredited institutions, but the grades for all credits selected for transfer must average at least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0.

2. The acceptability of courses depends on the appropriateness of the courses to a given major, on their comparison to Delaware County Community College course competencies, and on the length of time since these course credits were earned.

3. Current and former students may transfer to the College a maximum of 36 credits from other institutions towards an Associate Degree and half of the total credits required towards a certificate.

4. For Paralegal programs, a maximum of 12 PLG (legal specialty) credits may be transferred in from an ABA accredited college or university. Delaware County Community College students may take a course at another college and have it transferred back to the College by completing a pre-approval form from Assessment Services to guarantee that the course taken will fulfill the Delaware County Community College course requirements. Pre-approval forms are located in Assessment Services or online at www.dccc.edu/transfer-college. After completing the course, an official transcript is sent to the College along with a completed Petition for Transfer of Credit form.

Transfer Evaluation Process

The Assessment Services office is responsible for the evaluation of documents submitted for transfer credit, regardless of the source. Evaluators use catalogs from other colleges, a statewide shared list of equivalencies, recommendations from entities such as The American Council on Education, College Board, College Source, military transcripts, and recommendations from other nationally recognized accrediting bodies in order to provide an accurate evaluation. In cases where the course comes from an accredited source, but for which no equivalency can be determined, course descriptions may be forwarded to the academic department responsible for the course content area for a determination of equivalency and transferability. International transcripts are evaluated in accordance with the recommendations made by AACRAO or WES or any member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services).

Students who believe that a course has been unfairly evaluated by Assessment Services may request a re-evaluation. If the evaluator is unable to make the determination, the academic department responsible for that course’s subject area will be contacted for a further evaluation of the course.