Updated COVID Protocols

 Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for additional information.

Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

Digital Learning Out of State Complaints

Out-Of-State Contact Information for Student Complaints
Students living out‐of‐state should attempt to resolve any academic issues or complaints with the College first. If after following the College’s complaintprocedures the issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with the appropriate state agency listed below.

*Contact and related informationis provided for by the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

Filing a Complaint with another State Agency

The Alabama Community College System
135 South Union Street
Montgomery, AL 36104‐4340
Phone: 334-293‐4500
Fax: 334-293‐4504

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
PO Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811‐0505
Phone: 907-465‐6741
Email Alaska Comission on Postsecondary Education

If an Arizona resident is enrolled in an out‐of‐state distance education program and has acomplaint, the student is advised to first contact the institution directly. If the student needs further assistance, the Arizona resident may contact the following agencies for assistance:
A complaint regarding potential consumer fraud, including deceptive advertising:

Arizona Attorney General
Consumer Information and Complaints
1275 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: 800-352‐8431
Fax: 602-542‐4579

A complaint regarding the educational program, administrative and institutional policies and procedures:
Arizona State Board for Private Post secondary Education
Attn: Keith Blanchard
1400 W. Washington Street, Room 260
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: 602-542‐5709, option 5

Arkansas Department of Higher Education
423 Main Street, Suite 400
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: 501-371‐2000
Email Arkansas Department of Higher Education

Out‐of‐state public institutions are generally not governed by any agency in the state of California. Please refer to the College’s student complaint resolution procedures. In some cases, students may file a complaint with the California Department of Consumer Affairs.

Department of Consumer Affairs
Consumer Information Division
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112
Sacramento,CA 95834
Phone: 800-952‐5210

Colorado Department of Higher Education
1560 Broadway, Suite 1600
Denver, Colorado 80202
Phone: 303-862‐3001
Fax: 303-996‐1329

Students are asked to first exhaust their school’s internal grievance or complaint procedures. In limited cases, Connecticut’s student complaint process may extend to institutions not authorized by the agency that may enroll residents of the state (such as explicitly distanceeducation programs with no physical presence or exempt institutions). Such situations aredetermined on a case‐by‐case basis.
Connecticut Department of Higher Education
61 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105‐2326
Phone: 860-947‐1800

Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection
165 Capitol Avenue
Room 110
Hartford CT 06106
Email Connecticut Consumer Complaint
Consumer Complaint Hotline: 800-842‐2649

The first step in resolving student or other complaints or grievances is to attempt to resolve the matter directly with the administration of the involved institution under established institution complaint or grievance procedures. If that fails, the student may contact the Delaware Higher Education Office.

The Delaware Department of Education will investigate complaints. Such complaints must be in writing and verified by the signature of the person making the complaint. Oral, anonymous orunsigned complaints will not be investigated. Until the web site is functional, please write or call for more information.

The Delaware Department of Education
Teacher and Administrator Quality
John W. Collette Resource Center
35 Commerce Way
Dover, DE 19904.
The Delaware Department of Education phone number is 302‐857‐3388.

District of Columbia
Office of the State Superintendent of Education
Education Licensure Commission – Second Floor
810 First Street. NE
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: 202-727‐6436

Florida Commission for Independent Education
325 W Gaines St, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399‐0400
Phone: 850-245‐0505
Fax: 850-245‐3238
Email Florida Comission for Independent Education

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 E. Exchange Pl. Suite #220
Tucker, GA 30084‐5334
Phone: 770-414‐3300
Fax: 770-414‐3309

Hawaii State Board of Education
P.O. Box 2360
Honolulu, HI 96804
Phone: 808-586‐7327
Email Hawaii State Board of Education

Idaho State Board of Education
Attn: State Coordinator for Private Colleges and Proprietary Schools
650 West State Street
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720‐0037

Public institutions not meeting a physical presence standard in the state of Illinois are not governed by any agency in the state of Illinois. Complaints are referred to the State where the institution is authorized and the institution’s accrediting body.
Illinois Board of Higher Education
1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333
Springfield, Illinois 62701‐1377
Phone: 217-782‐2551
Fax: 217-782‐8548
Email Illinois

Indiana Commission for Higher Education
Education Attn: Complaints
101 West Ohio Street, Suite 550
Indianapolis IN 46204‐1984
Phone: 317-464‐4400
Email Indiana Complaints

Iowa College Student Aid Commission
430 East Grand Ave, FL 3
Des Moines, IA 50309‐1920
Phone: 515-725‐3400
Fax: 515-725‐3401

Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson Street Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612‐1368
Phone: 785-296‐3421

Institutional Complaints
Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: 502-573‐1555
Fax: 502-573‐1535
Email Kentucky Complaints

Louisiana Board of Regents
1201 N. Third St., Suite 6‐200
Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Consumer Protection Division
Office of the Attorney General
P.O. Box 94005
Baton Rouge, LA 70804‐9005
Phone: 800-351‐4889 or 225-326‐6400

Complaints shall be addressed with specific facts and allegations and signed by the complainant. The school shall be notified of any complaints which are to be investigated. For more information, please contact:
Harry W. Osgood, Higher Education Specialist
Maine Department of Education
Augusta, Maine 04333
Phone: 207-624‐6846

Academic Affairs – Student Complaints
Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 N. Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21207
Email Maryland Academic Affairs - Student Complaints

Consumer Protection Division
Office of the Attorney General
200 Saint Paul Place
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Phone: 410-528‐8662
Email Maryland Consumer Protection Division

Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
One Ashburton Place Room 1401
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: 617-994‐6950

Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau
P.O. Box 30018
Lansing, MI 48909

Registration & Licensing
Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108
Phone: (651) 259‐3975 or (800) 657‐3866
Fax: (651) 797‐1664
Email Minnesota Registration & Licensing

If the complaint is regarding an out‐of‐state institution not authorized by MCCA, please direct complaint to the authorizing/licensing agency in the institution’s home state or to the Attorney General’s Office Consumer Protection Division.
Consumer Protection Division
MS Attorney General’s Office
P.O. Box 220
Jackson, Mississippi 39225‐2947

Missouri Department of Higher Education
205 Jefferson StreetP.O. Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102‐1469
Phone: 573-751‐2361
Email Missouri Department of Higher Education

Montana University System, Montana Board of Regents
Office of Commissioner of Higher Education
2500 Broadway Street
PO Box 203201
Helena, MT 59620‐3201
Phone: 406-444‐6570

Montana Office of Consumer Protection
2225 11th Avenue
P.O. Box 200151
Helena, MT 59620‐0151
Phone: 406-444‐4500 or 800-481‐6896
Email Montana Office of Consumer Protection

Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509‐5005
Phone: 402-471‐2847
Fax: 402-471‐2886

Office of the Attorney General
2115 State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: 402-471‐2683
Fax: 402-471‐3297
Email Nebraska Consumer Protection

Commission on Postsecondary Education
8778 South Maryland Parkway Suite 115
Las Vegas, Nevada 89123
Phone: 702-486‐7330
Fax: 702-486‐7340

New Hampshire
New Hampshire Department of Education
101 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271‐3494

New Jersey
New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education
20 West State Street
4th floor, PO Box 542
Trenton, NJ 08625‐0542
Phone: 609-292‐4310
Fax: 609-292‐7225

New Mexico
New Mexico Higher Education Department
2048 Galisteo St. Suite #4
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Phone: 505-476‐8400
Fax: 505-476‐8453

New York
Office of College and University Evaluation
New York State Education Department
89 Washington Avenue
Room 969 EBA
Albany, New York 12234
Phone: 518-474‐1551
Fax: 518-486‐2779
Email New York Office of College and University Evaluation

North Carolina
North Carolina Post‐Secondary Education Complaints
University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27515‐2688
Phone: 919-962‐4558

North Carolina Consumer Protection
Attorney General's Office
Mail Service Center 9001
Raleigh, NC 27699‐9001
Phone: 919-716‐6000

North Dakota
North Dakota University System
Director, Distance Education and State Authorization
1815 Schafer Street, Ste. 202
Bismarck, ND 58505‐0230

Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: 614-466‐6000
Fax: 614-466‐5866

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
655 Research Pkwy Suite #200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Phone: 405-225‐9100

Higher Education Coordinating Commission
Private Postsecondary Education
Office of Degree Authorization
775 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-947‐5716

Pennsylvania Department of Education ‐Postsecondary and Adult Education
333 Market Street, 12th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17126‐0333
Phone: 717-783‐8228
Fax: 717-772‐3622
Email Pennsylvania Department of Education (for submission of form or questions)

Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico Council on Higher Education
PO Box 1900
San Juan, PR San Juan, PR 00910‐1900
Phone: 787-641‐7100

Rhode Island
Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education
Shepard Bldg.
80 Washington St.Providence, RI 02903
Phone: 401-456‐6000

South Carolina
South Carolina Commission on Higher Education –Academic Affairs
1122 Lady Street, Suite 300
Columbia, SC 29201
Phone: 803-737‐2260
Fax: 803-737‐2297

South Dakota
Office of the Attorney General
1302 E Hwy 14, Suite 1
Pierre, SD 57501‐8501
Phone: 605-773‐3215
Fax: 605-773‐4106

Tennessee Higher Education Commission – Division of Postsecondary School Authorization
404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 1900
Nashville, TN 37243‐0830
Phone: 615-741‐5293
Fax: 615-532‐8845

Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
College Readiness and Success Division
P.O. Box 12788
Austin, Texas 78711‐2788
Phone: 512-427‐6101
Texas Student Complaints

Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 300 South, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 146704
Salt Lake City, UT 84114‐6704
Phone: 801-530‐6601
Fax: 801-530‐6001
Email Utah Consumer Protection

Vermont Agency of Education
120 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05620
Phone: 802-828‐3135
Email Vermont Agency of Education