International Admissions

Delaware County Community College utilizes various strategies to attract students from overseas. We work with individual students, families, educational institutions, Education USA offices, and the U.S. Commercial Service. Delaware County Community College also realizes that agencies can provide a valuable service to students in helping prepare admission documents, providing educational counseling, and assisting with matters that may be difficult for a student or parent from another country, especially when English is not the native language. We work with reputable agents across the globe whose assist students and families in selecting a college that places students' best interests first. In keeping with the National Association for College Admission Counseling’s Guide on International Recruitment and the use of agencies, the College discloses that it may provide compensation to its partners based on first year enrollments of the students on whose behalf they work.

Most international students come from their home countries to the College on the F-1 student visa. International students also include non immigrant visa holders (such as au pairs on a J visa) who have applied for a change of status to F-1 within the United States.

Those who wish to become international students at the College must take the following steps to be admitted and to receive the College’s Immigration Form I-20:

  • Complete and mail your application with a non-refundable $25 (USD) application fee to Delaware County Community College, Office of Admission, 901 South Media Line Road, Media, PA 19063 USA. Please include a copy of your passport page with the correct spelling of your name.  When entering the name on the I-20 it must match your passport exactly.
  • Submit proof of high school/secondary school completion. Effective Spring 2015, all high school transcripts must be evaluated by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved accrediting agency:  High school documents can be evaluated program-by-program.  We need the official report from the agency that indicates you have the equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.
  • Submit an official bank statement confirmation that funds are available to cover the cost of at least the first year's estimated tuition, fees and living expenses.
  • Submit your application by July 15 for the fall semester; November 15 for the spring semester; and April 15 for the summer ESL semester.
  • Students who will be under the age of 18 at the time of enrollment must submit a Medical Release form with their application for admission. Acceptances will not be issued until this form is received.
  • Students who wish to transfer from another U.S. college or university into Delaware County Community College must submit the International Student (F-1) Transfer Request.

International Admission

Express Mail Option

Delaware County Community College typically sends acceptance letters and I-20's to international students through regular mail which is free of charge and does not offer tracking.  However, if you wish express mail service, you can create an account through and pay a discounted rate for Federal Express priority service to your desired address.

Transferring Credit

Students who have attended another United States college or university and received college-level credits may be able to transfer credits into Delaware County Community College. 

Students who have attended a college or university outside of the United States may be able to transfer their credits into Delaware County Community College. To do so, students should have their official, English-translated transcripts evaluated course-by-course by any member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) and have the evaluations sent to:

Records Office 
Delaware County Community College
901 South Media Line Road 
Media, PA USA 19063-1094



TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and ACT scores are not required for admission. During Orientation, students will be tested and placed in the appropriate level of English language classes. To review for the ESL placement test, visit

An SAT Reading score of 500 or ACT Reading score of 18 also qualifies students to register for English Composition I (ENG 100).

Scores must be current within 5 years.

Please Note

Among other regulations, international students must study full time during fall and spring semesters. Financial aid and payment plans are not available for international students.