Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

Transfer into Delaware County Community College

If you are a transfer student and previously attended another regionally accredited college and would like credits transferred to the College:

Request that the college(s) you attended send(s) an official copy of your transcript to:

Records Office
Delaware County Community College
901 South Media Line Road
Media, PA 19063-1094

Students who have attended a college or university outside of the United States may be able to transfer their credits into Delaware County Community College. To do so, students should have their official, English-translated transcripts evaluated course-by-course by any member of NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) and have the evaluations sent to the Records Office.

For Electronic Transcripts, Colleges and Universities can send transcript to [email protected].

Students will be mailed a letter from the Assessment Office with the results of the evaluation.

To request a re-evaluation of a transcript previously sent, complete the re-evaluation form. Return form to Assessment Services, room 4260 Academic Building, 901 S. Media Line Rd., Media PA 19063, Fax: 610-359-5085, or email [email protected].

Transfer Credit Policy

(Click on this PDF of the board policy)

  1. The College will accept coursework with grades of “D” or better from accredited institutions, but the grades for all credits selected for transfer must average at least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0.
  2. The acceptability of courses depends on the appropriateness of the courses to a given major, on their comparison to Delaware County Community College course competencies, and on the length of time since these course credits were earned.
  3. Current and former students may transfer to the College a maximum of 36 credits from other institutions towards an Associate Degree and half of the total credits required towards a certificate.
  4. For Paralegal programs, a maximum of 12 PLG (legal specialty) credits may be transferred in from an ABA accredited college or university

Currently enrolled Delaware County Community College students may take a course at another college and have it transferred back to the College. Please complete a pre-approval form from the Assessment Services Office to guarantee that the course you take will fulfill your Delaware County Community College course requirements. After you complete the course, have an official transcript sent to the College.