Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for additional information.
New Choices Career Development Program
New Choices Career Development Program is a free service of Delaware County Community College designed to help single parents, displaced homemakers and individuals going through life transitions (including those experiencing layoffs and furloughs). In response to Covid, our classes will be online/fully virtual through August 2021. In September, we are excited to bring hybrid programs on campus, blending the convenience online with the benefits of in-person learning.
Join an engaging online program that is part class, part support group to aid you in achieving your short and long-term career goals. Learn more about interview skills, labor market trends, networking, and more while having conversations with others in your situation and receiving 1:1 check in calls with a counselor to formulate a plan for your future. By the completion of the program, participants leave with an updated resume, a clearer idea of their career and educational options, and a plan to see them through with confidence. 1:1 coaching/short-term services may also be available on a case-by-case basis.
To register for an upcoming program, please use our quick registration form (or call).
New Choices is excited to announce that we will be able to assist many successful New Choices Graduates of 2021 online programs in obtaining online training in one of the following programs, depending on their individual goals. This funding was generously provided by Project W, a Delaware County giving circle of women. These opportunities will benefit women from Delaware County who meet certain criteria including being unemployed or unederemployed. For more information on these training opportunities, email Rebecca Reeves. Below are a list of trainings the grant covers:
- Microsoft Office Training
- Pharmacy Technician Program
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant level 1
- Administrative Professional (MOS Certificate)
- Venipuncture and Digital Patient Record Certification
- Contact tracing, Interviewing, & Digital Records Career Program
New Choices Curriculum
- Career assessment
- Career counseling/Planning
- Résumé preparation
- Interview Instruction/Practice
- Skills identification
- Job Search Strategy and Labor Market Trends
- Referrals/connections to community resources
- Exploration of Education/Training Resources
- Linkedin Assistance/Review
- Salary negotiation
Upcoming Program Schedule
- July 2021: July 19-23, Mon-Fri, 10 a.m.-Noon
- August 2021: August 2-6, Mon-Fri, 10 a.m.-Noon
- September 2021: September 13-17, Mon-Fri, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- October 2021: October 12-28, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:15-6 p.m.
New Choices has been offering career services for 37 years to clients from all backgrounds. Each year, at least 75% of our students are successful in obtaining work or furthering their education.
Want to give back? Click the donate button above, then after entering an amount, hit next. On the next page, there is a "giving options" drop box. Select New Choices to ensure your donation goes toward the program. Your donations are tax deductible, and provide vital resources for our students.