Updated COVID Protocols

 Face masks are required in all indoor facilities regardless of vaccination status. Effective January 1, 2022, proof of vaccination will be required for students, employees and visitors. Visit dccc.edu/coronavirus for additional information.

Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

High School Dual Enrollment FAQ

You can apply online at dccc.edu/apply-online.

Students may be able to waive the placement test (or a portion) with the below scores. Students may use any of the following qualifying scores:

  • PSAT/SAT Reading=500; ACT Reading =18
  • PSAT/SAT Math = 530; ACT Math = 20
  • Keystone scores: Advanced and Proficient

Individual school districts will determine whether to award high school credit for college courses completed by dual enrollment students. Students should consult their high school.


Financial aid regulations stipulate that, in order to be eligible for financial aid, students must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent. Therefore, dual enrollment students are not eligible for financial aid. However, it is highly recommended that high school seniors apply for financial aid soon after October 1 of their senior year to determine financial aid eligibility after high school graduation.

For more information regarding completing the FAFSA, please visit the Financial Aid page.


delaGATE is your student portal. Within delaGATE a student will be able to access their student schedule, online classroom (if applicable), student email account, request a transcript, view course cancellations, submit payment, etc. First-time users may access login instructions on delaGATE’s webpage.


Students can access their online classroom through Canvas

Dual enrollment students will receive communications in multiple ways. They will receive their welcome packet via postal mail but future communications may be delivered via email, phone and/or text messaging. Students should frequently check their personal email account as well as their delaGATE (student portal) email account to determine if they received any communication from the College.


As a dual enrollment student, you have completed college courses here at Delaware County Community College. Students continuing their education at the College need only to attend a student registration session.

* Students that wish to obtain higher math scores on the placement test may retest prior to graduating from high school. After high school graduation, a student will be unable to retest but if they may still submit qualifying SAT/ACT scores to Assessment Services.

* If a student is seeking financial aid assistance, they will want to also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

* Students should contact 610-359-5322 to schedule a student registration session (if retesting, please schedule after placement test).

For more financial aid information, including scholarships, visit the Financial Aid Office page.

Did You Know?

* There is an option to participate in a transfer agreement (visit: dccc.edu/transfer)

* Online Degree Options (visit: dccc.edu/online)

* You can save money (visit: dccc.edu/tuition and compare cost by visiting our Cost Comparison chart)

* Scholarships (dccc.edu/scholarships)

In most cases, our four-year partners require students to make their intention of pursuing a guaranteed admission option known within the first 30 credits of Delaware County Community

College coursework. While dually enrolled, students may consult with a College transfer advisor about appropriate course selection that complies with the transfer agreement in which they are interested. In addition, students will received assistance with completing the necessary paperwork to alert a four-year partner of the student’s intent to participate in the guaranteed admission option after completing their associate degree at the College.

For more information regarding transferring to a four-year institution, visit the Transfer Office page.

Yes, dual enrollment students are held to the same academic and conduct policies as any other college student. View the Student Handbook.

New students can begin PowerUp (June start date) or Summer II (July start date) rather than Summer I (May start date). Students should consider high school load, extracurricular activities, employment, etc. when registering for PowerUp, Fall and Spring semesters. Lastly, dual enrollment students are ineligible to register for the Winter session (session between Fall and Spring semesters).

Specific high schools will communicate with their students if they are covering the cost of books. If your school is not covering the cost of books please visit the Bookstore’s webpage. Students will want to access/print their college schedule via delaGATE before gathering book information. To do so, please follow the below instructions:

-Log onto delaGATE
-Click on “Students”
-Select “View Your Class Schedule”
-Select your term and submit

*It may be best to select “Detail Schedule” at the bottom of your weekly schedule as this will provide a condensed view of your registration including all information needed to search for book information.

As a dual enrollment student, please remember you have access to the Learning Commons (including tutors), computers (found at the Learning Commons), transfer appointments, disability services and more. Please contact the Dual Enrollment Office if you have any additional questions or where to locate these resources and services at the Marple campus or at our branch campuses. Dual enrollment students should also be aware that they will follow the same College policies as any other students. This includes, but not limited to, following the instructor’s classroom policies, grading, drop and withdraw dates, student conduct, etc. as found in the Student Handbook.

Open Dual Enrollment: Deadlines are based on the last day to register. Students should keep in mind that an application will need to be processed and qualifying scores (or placement test scores) received prior to the last day of registration. After the last day of registration, the Dual Enrollment Office will be unable to register within that semester and students will want to consider the next semester for registration. It is not advised that students wait until the last minute to submit admission materials or register for courses as seats are limited and an appointment may be needed to meet with a Dual Enrollment representative for registration.

College in the High School: Your high school will communicate the deadline as well as a Dual Enrollment representative.

Structured Pathway/Special Programs: Your high school will communicate the deadline as well as a Dual Enrollment representative.

Students may be able to waive the placement test (or a portion) with the below scores. Please note, that these are minimum qualifying scores. If a student receives the minimum qualifying mathematic score they may proceed to the math course for which they are eligible. If the student would like to attempt a higher score for a higher level college math course, the student must take the Math Placement Test. Students who do not meet qualifying reading scores must take the Reading and English portion of the Placement Test. Your Dual Enrollment representative will be able to discuss more.

  • PSAT/SAT Reading=500; ACT Reading =18
  • PSAT/SAT Math = 530; ACT Math = 20
  • Keystone Scores Advanced and Proficient
  • Students seeking more information regarding Disability Services should contact the Office of Disability Services at 610-325-2748 or 610-359-5229.

    Students should view the College’s academic calendar because the College’s calendar may be different than your High School’s calendar (i.e. Spring Break).

    Yes, additional fees may apply to specific courses and will be indicated on a student’s bill. If a high school is not assisting with the purchasing of textbooks and/or course materials, this will be an additional cost to the student.

    Dual enrollment students may take any course for which they qualify via placement test scores and/or qualifying SAT/ACT scores. Students can discuss course selection with their dual enrollment representative.