New Phoenixville Campus Opens This Fall
(Delaware and Chester Counties, PA • July 17, 2013)—This fall, Delaware County Community College joins the Phoenixville community and offers residents a variety of late afternoon and evening courses right in their neighborhood. The new Phoenixville Campus is the College’s sixth Chester County location and ninth location overall. On-site registration will begin August 12 and will be offered Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The deadline to register for fall courses is Wednesday, August 28. The semester begins on Tuesday, September 3.
“The College’s new site in Phoenixville provides residents with a close-to-home option for accessing an affordable, quality education. Students will find the non-credit and credit courses that they need in order to advance in their careers or secure employment,” says President Jerry Parker. Particular emphasis will be placed on courses that support careers in Allied Health and Computer Information Systems, including a class on iPhone and iPad App Development.
The Phoenixville Campus is located within the Chester County Intermediate Unit’s Technical College High School at 1580 Charlestown Road. The site also offers:
- Credit courses (including English, mathematics, psychology and sociology classes)
- Courses that lead to a certificate or associate degree
- Short-term certificates for employment
- Non-credit courses with emphasis on Allied Health
- The TEAS-Prep course for nursing admissions
- Financial aid opportunities
- On-site registration beginning August 12