Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

Disability Services

Header image

Delaware County Community College ensures students with disabilities have equal access to all of its educational programs and services  in compliance with Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act, 2008.

The Office of Disability Services (ODS) is committed to providing students with disabilities reasonable accommodations and the necessary supports to reach their educational goals. The Office works closely with students and faculty to foster success.

A variety of resources are available for faculty with the goal to better support accessibility. In addition, the Disability Advisory Committee was formed to promote awareness of disability issues through education, to identify areas of concern within the College community and to serve in an advisory capacity to the Office of Disability Services.

For more information about services and how to access them, follow the steps below:

New Students

Four steps to getting started.


  • Submit an application to the College (Go to for the application)
  • Submit an official, final high school transcript after graduation


    • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at Be sure to List the College’s name and school code, 007110
    • Check your status, tuition bill and schedule on delaGATE



  • Schedule your placement test on delaGATE or phone 610-359-5322
  • The College placement test provides adequate time for most students with LD or ADD issues
  • For questions or to request accommodations for a physical disability, call 610-359-5229
  • Practice tests:
  • Take your placement test and schedule a college planning session to review your scores and schedule classes


  • Submit current and comprehensive documentation to the Office of Disability Services, Marple Campus, Room 1335
  • Marple Campus students meet with Ann Binder, Director of Disability Services, to discuss accommodation procedures. Branch campus students meet with Kelly Kiefer, Assistant Director.
  • It will be your responsibility to pick up your accommodation letters every semester and communicate with your instructors

Documentation Guidelines

Students with disabilities who are requesting accommodations at the College must contact the Office of Disability Services and provide the appropriate documentation. A school plan such as an individualized education program (IEP) is insufficient documentation but can be included as part of a more comprehensive assessment battery. To ensure that this documentation is complete and the necessary accommodations are implemented, please refer to the guidelines linked below.

Disability Documentation Requirements » 

Please mail or fax your documents to:
Director of Disability Services
Delaware County Community College
901 S. Media Line Road
Media, PA 19063-1094
Fax: 610-723-2002

Accommodation Process for Current Students

Request Accommodations

The student submits current and comprehensive documentation | Student contacts Disability Services to schedule an appointment

Arrow pointing down

Documentation Evaluation

The Office of Disability Services reviews & determines reasonable accommodations | Student meets with ODS staff to set up accommodations

Arrow pointing down
Accommodation Letters

Student picks up accommodation letter(s) each semester | It is student's responsibility to give accommodation letter(s) to professors

Arrow pointing down
Implementing Accommodations

Student works with professor to arrange accommodations needed | Good communication skills are essential for student success

Arrow pointing down

If students have questions regarding their accommodation, it is their responsibility to contact the Office of Disability Services as soon as possible.

Back to top »

Assistive Technology

Assistive Technology Workstations are available to students on every College location. The College has a variety of software and technology to assist students with impaired sensory, manual or speaking skills. Accommodations for students with hearing impairments may include sign language interpreters, CART/C-Print Services and/or assistive listening systems. Contact the Office of Disability Services to discuss your assistive technology needs.

Available technology includes:

  • CCTVs - Closed Circuit Televisions (enlarge print materials)
  • JAWS -  screen reading software
  • ZOOM TEXT - Screen Magnification Software
  • Kurzweil 3000 - Text-To-Speech Reading Software
  • Duxbury Translation Software and Braille Embosser
  • Dragon Naturally Speaking - Speech Recognition Software
  • Textbooks in alternative format

Assistive Technology Workstation Locations

  • Marple Campus: The Office of Disability Services and the Learning Commons
  • Downingtown Campus: Learning Commons, Room 218
  • Exton Center: Learning Commons, Room 235
  • Southeast Center: Learning Commons, Room 108
  • Upper Darby Center: Learning Commons, Room 114
  • Pennocks Bridge Campus: Learning Commons, B135

Back to top »

Campus Accessibility

All buildings and classrooms are physically accessible. Students who require accessible furniture in classrooms should contact the Office of Disability Services.

Handicapped Parking (staff, faculty and students)
Those with a Pennsylvania (or other state) vehicle registration plate or placard or Severely Disabled Veteran registrations are the only persons permitted to park in handicap parking spaces.

For temporary disabling conditions, apply for a temporary placard from the state in which you reside. The Wellness Coordinator in the Student Center, Room 1180 has the Pennsylvania forms available and will assist you in filing them with the state. If you have a temporary-disabling condition not covered under Pennsylvania State vehicle statutes, apply for temporary medical parking with the staff in the Student Center, Room 1180.

A handicap permit authorizes parking in any designated (i.e., lined) space, when there are no spaces available in the handicap parking area.

Back to top »