Delaware County Community College, Serving Delaware and Chester Counties

Veterans Services

Veterans Services

The Nazz Mariani Veterans Center

The College's Veterans Center, named in honor of World War II Army veteran Nazz Mariani, is located in Room 2570 of Founders Hall. The Center is equipped with computers, satellite cable, and a coffee maker among other amenities for student veterans and serves as a space for studying, socializing, and veterans focused programming. The Center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays.

Veterans Benefits

Students using military education benefits are required to complete a Veterans Benefit Certification request from (green sheet) for each term in which they are enrolled at the College. If you are a student using military education benefits for the first time at the College, however, you will need to provide us with the following:
  • A Veterans Certification Request Form (VCR/green sheet; can be completed online at the preceding hyperlink or manually at the front desk in suite 3500 or at the concierge desk in Founders Hall on the Marple Campus)
  • A certificate of eligibility from the VA or proof that you requested one Unless you are using Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation benefits (can be retrieved online on the VA website).
  • A copy of your VA form 22-1905 (You must meet with your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor prior to the start of each term for them to complete this term them to complete this form and submit it to the College on your behalf).
  • Pennsylvania National Guard: If you plan to use benefits through the Education Assistance Program (EAP), you will need to complete an EAP application (EAP Form 2), Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) and a PHEAA promissory note with your unit (submit a completed copy of EAP Form 2 to the College; must be signed by your commanding officer). You can check on the status of your EAP application by contacting Education Services at Fort Indiantown Gap. The Office can be reached at 717-861-8894
These documents can be submitted via email at [email protected], physical mail to the Admissions Office (901 S. Media Line Road, Media PA, 19063), or hand delivery to Enrollment Central in Founders Hall on the Marple Campus. Veterans who have unresolved concerns or need additional support can be scheduled for an appointment with the School Certifying Official at the front desk in the Enrollment Services suite (Room 3500).

Veterans FYI

Issues that can be handled at the College

  • Status update on the College's receipt of all necessary documentation to process your military education benefits
  • Issues obtaining books and supplies from the bookstore (only if you receive Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation benefits)
  • If you're enrolling at the College and/or using military education benefits for the first time
  • If you're considering withdrawing or have withdrawn from classes (you must make Veterans Services aware of any changes to your schedule)
  • If you're attempting to register for classes (you must contact the College's Career & Counseling Center)

Issues/Questions that cannot be addressed at the College

  • Payment not yet received from the VA (you must contact the VA at 888-442-4551 between 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday-Friday)
  • If you want to know how much you have remaining in benefits (you must contact the VA at 888-442-4551 between 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday-Friday)
  • If you're attempting to register for classes (you must contact the College's Career & Counseling Center)


  • Will my classes be dropped for non-payment if my benefits aren't processed in time?
    Yes, unless you provide us with a copy of the certificate of eligibility or a printout of the eligibility page from
  • I spoke to the VA and they said that the College hasn't certified my enrollment yet. When will my benefits be processed?
    The College will certify enrollment with the VA one month prior to the start of each term. From there, you can check on the status of your benefits by contacting the VA (you must contact the VA at 888-442-4551 between 8 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday-Friday)
  • Why did I receive a debt letter from the VA?
    The VA initiates debt letters when students withdraw from classes. You should bring the debt letter to the front desk in admissions (suite 3500 in Founders Hall) so that the College can determine whether payment to you or the VA is warranted
  • Can taking less classes impact my education benefits?
    Yes.The amount you receive in VA education benefits is partially based on how many classes you are taking. Additionally, for Post 9/11 GI Bill® (the most commonly used benefit), you will lose your monthly housing allowance when you fall below the equivalent of greater than half-time enrollment
  • If I'm using veterans vocational rehabilitation benefits, what do I have to do to get my books for class?
    The bookstore will be sent a list of all students receiving vocational rehabilitation benefits. If you're using vocational rehabilitation benefits, you can simply go to the bookstore as early as one week before the start of classes up until the end of the second week of classes, provide the staff there with your name, and let them know that you're a "VA student"
  • What am I allowed to purchase from the bookstore with my vocational rehab benefits?
    You may only use vocational rehabilitation benefits to purchase textbooks, notebooks, pens, pencils, and other supplies explicitly listed in the syllabi for the classes in which you've enrolled
  • Will VA benefits pay for online classes?
    Yes, VA benefits will pay for online classes. At Delaware County Community College, however, VA benefits cannot be used for programs where over 50 percent of the instruction is conducted via distance learning. 

Brief Overview of Benefits

Benefits Overview
Name of Benefit Eligibility Requirements What does it cover? How to Apply

Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®
Active Duty

Student must be a trainee on active duty

Pays up to $1,928/month directly **based on >3 years service**

Apply at; check status at (submit VCR and COE)

Chapter 31: Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation Must have service-related disability of >20 percent and other than dishonorable discharge 100 percent of tuition, fees, books and basic supplies; includes monthly allowance Apply at; check status at (Submit VCR and 22-1905 to College)
Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®

At least 90 days of aggregate service after 9/11/01; 30 days for vets with a service-connected disability

Up to 100 percent of tuition and fees, book stipend, and monthly housing allowance

Apply at; check status at (Submit VCR and COE to College)
Chapter 35: Survivors and Dependents Education Assistance Program

Must be the spouse or child of a vet MIA, KIA, or permanently and totally disabled due to service

Pays student monthly allowance

Apply at; check status at (Submit VCR and COE to College)
Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill® (for reservists)

Must be currently serving as a reservist  in good standing

Pays student monthly allowance

Apply at; check status at (Submit VCR and COE to College)

PA State Education Assistance Program (EAP)

Current member of PA National Guard serving in good standing under a 6+2 year contract

Pays 100 percent of tuition up to annual cap *** Does not cover fees ***

Students apply through unit (submit VCR and NOBE to College)

Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)

Must be currently serving in the armed forces

Pays 100 percent of tuition up to $250/credit for up to 16 credits 
*** Does not cover fees ***

Apply through military branch’s education site (submit VCR to College)

**GI Bill® beneficiaries are eligible for 36 to 48 months of benefits